Location: San Francisco, CA
Skywalk Group’s client is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share, and is seeking an experienced Director of Information Technology to provide technology leadership for the organization. The Director of IT will be responsible for continually improving IT services to support a rapidly growing and globalizing organization. In addition, the Director of IT is responsible for ensuring the availability, reliability, security, and optimal performance and functioning of the company’s existing IT infrastructure, and managing a staff of two consultants and a variety of external contractors and vendors to achieve this goal. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
§ Develop and implement multi-year technology vision (including infrastructure and applications) which is consistent with the organization’s current needs, anticipated growth, and budget.
§ Evolve application architecture to meet business objectives.
§ Partner with business units to identify where product offerings or internal processes can benefit from improved use of technology.
§ Present compelling proposals and recommendations to senior management to obtain support and funding for important technology initiatives.
§ Monitor and review network performance, capacity, reliability, and security. Schedule maintenance and upgrades when appropriate.
§ Ensure that adequate measures are instituted to monitor and protect servers and that all systems are properly configured and secure.
§ Lead staff in diagnosing and resolving infrastructure issues
§ Remain abreast of IT developments and trends and identify potential improvements on an ongoing basis.
§ Develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
§ Drive internal customer satisfaction by actively monitoring the end-user experience and creating and implementing action plans to address significant issues.
§ Develop appropriate mix of internal and vendor-provided support to ensure timely support for key applications in all operating regions.
§ Ad hoc projects depending on needs of Information Technology team
- At least ten (10) years of technical/IT experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience managing internal staff and consultants/vendors, with a track record of developing and retaining internal talent and managing vendors to Service Level Agreements.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision quality, action orientation, client focus, and ability to drive results.
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget and to manage multiple priorities.
- B.S. in Management of Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- Preference for hands-on experience managing the implementation of virtualization, storage area networks, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project Server, and Microsoft Dynamics SL or a similar class of accounting system.
- Demonstrated experience integrating a heterogeneous OS environment to optimize uptime, reliability, security, and service delivery.
- Senior level knowledge and operational experience with Windows and Linux-based operating systems, server and networking environments.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft productivity tools, software as a service (SaaS) and cloud-based offerings.
- Experience in planning, development, and production support for a globally distributed network which requires high uptime and quick response to service requests.
- Experience in developing and implementing disaster resilience and co-location/business continuity and survivability plans.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across business units in order to understand current and future business needs, and define appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal, written, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to various audiences.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity. Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- We are a small company doing very big things (220M devices on our network and growing)
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems – and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We’ve done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go – and now we need your help to get there