Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance is a non-profit organization created to serve as the catalyst for economic diversity, growth and prosperity in our region. It is focused on economic and community development of the region and the business support needs of our customers. The Economic Alliance is seeking qualified candidates for its Executive Assistant position. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by 5p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance has one vision: to become one of the top economic growth regions in the country. The selected candidate will have responsibilities in achieving this vision by supporting the organizational leadership team including the President and Executive Vice President. The Executive Assistant will also provide administrative support to the Policy Board and Innovation Councils.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions: preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, maintaining and coordinating calendars and scheduling meetings for organizational leaders.
- Assists leaders with creation of reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Answers electronic communications and phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or takes messages.
- Prepares and edits documents for consideration and presentation by organizational leaders.
- Attends meetings and records minutes.
- Determines whether vistors and/or callers should be given access to organizational leaders.
- Prioritizes and manages muliple projects simultaneously.
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for supported parties.
- Maintains confidentiality with unquestionable integrity.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- A two-year degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience supporting senior level organizational leaders.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to edit technical documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet capabilities, and phone skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Adapts communication content and delivery to audience.
- Understands how his/her work assignment affects others in the organization.
- Supports and responds to organizational change (e.g., asks questions, aligns work with new priorities, abandons past ways of doing things, etc.).
- Adapts or shifts priorities in response to the needs of clients, constituents or the organization.
- Independently makes sound, informed decisions, and takes subsequent action, particularly under time pressure and in non-routine situations.
- Balances the need for adequate planning with the need for action.
- Effectively plans and coordinates and integrates the work of others to avoid duplication of effort.
- Demonstrates mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job.
- Previous work with a non-profit board of directors, and understanding about the way a board works is preferred.
For consideration, please email your Executive Assistant resume to