Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance is a non-profit organization created to serve as the catalyst for economic diversity, growth and prosperity in our region. It is focused on economic and community development of the region and the business support needs of our customers. The Economic Alliance is seeking qualified candidates for an Research Specialist position. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance has one vision: to become one of the top economic growth regions in the country. The selected candidate will have responsibilities in achieving this vision by collecting, analyzing and presenting data and information on community demographics, public policy and other items, and for creating and maintaining various databases of information. The Research Specialist will provide support and information to all areas of the organization and stakeholders as needed.
- Designs and executes surveys and then compiles collected data to assess customer opinions and preferences.
- Assists in the research and developent of policy positions to support interstate commerce, community development and small and locally owned businesses.
- Assists in developing public policy papers, briefs, presentations, and speeches on public policy issues.
- Identifies, collects, summarizes, and analyzes targeted legislative and executive activity at the local, state and federal level.
- Collects and analyzes community demographic data to support team activities.
- Creates and maintains databases containing information related to community demographics, economic indicators, public policy, and other related areas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1-3 years database management experience.
- 1-3 years market research or equivalent experience.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of database management software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet capabilities.
- Helps others to package and present their message effectively
- Challenges team thinking in such a way as to create constructive discussion of alternative views
- Helps others gain access to the right systems and processes in order to achieve their objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work in situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous
- Identifies and documents the processes that support one’s own work
- Shares information about the community that impacts the organization and its stakeholders
- Accurately estimates time and effort required to accomplish work
- Serves as a source of technical/functional expertise and perspective to others
- Public policy experience and/or interest preferred, but not essential
For consideration, please email your Research Specialist resume to