Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sr. Product Manager – E-Commerce
The senior product manager will be the spear head of our client’s entire Ecommerce program. If you are a passionate leader, and have the mind for putting yourself in the customer’s shoes, this may be the perfect position for you!
The senior product manager is responsible for the development of new digital/Ecommerce products and services to increase our market share and profitability. This includes strategically defining the product mix and content focus to attract the core audience(s). Working with internal departments for research, sales and sales support and marketing to ensure revenue targets are met and the audience trends are analyzed. May manage and/or mentor staff or peers; recruiting, hiring, training, goal setting, and performance evaluations. Primary focus will be on e-commerce strategy, pricing, back-end/front-end systems, and user interface design and user experience.
- Manages multiple large-size products throughout the product life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical implementation to ensure profitability and audience satisfaction. Lead in brainstorming sessions to generate new product ideas and opportunities. Lead brand strategy direction discussions and champion maintaining brand equity.
- Serves as the product team’s expert and mentor on e-commerce strategies, target marketing, inventory management, ui/ux, and social media. Be an advocate for the end-user, ensuring that everything we build is user focused. Stay knowledgeable about the ever-changing technology landscape, including social media, social networking, and mobile/tablet devices.
- Develops and analyzes Key Performance Metrics including product level revenue and expense, audience trends and the competitive analysis.
- Interacts with key internal departments and spends time in the market to identify potential growth areas. Promotes and is an advocate for the company. Interacts with the community and internally to achieve the company’s product goals and objectives, including community engagement.
- Applies methods of rapid design when planning and managing the creation of new products and product improvements through the end of life for the product. Nurtures new products until they are established, then transitions them to the brand teams.
- Identifies partnerships and licensing opportunities that could be leveraged for revenue or audience growth.
- Monitors new trends in the industry, actively seeks relevant information to improve our product mix and market share. Works closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure revenue targets and product awareness goals for new products are met.
- Promotes and is an advocate for our company and interacts with key leaders in the community and internally to achieve the company goals and objectives
- May manage and or mentor and train entry-level product managers and help direct the development of their product plans.
- Leads major initiatives with minimal supervision.
Job Skills & Attributes
Time management, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, excellent written communication and presenting skills, problem solving, decision making, team leader, team building, goal-oriented, priority-setting, solid business modeling, revenue budget and forecasting skills, & strong computer skills. Solid experience and success in launching Ecommerce, web-based products and services. Strong grasp of user-experience design. Well versed in web and e-commerce technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business, Computer Science and eight plus years related experience, or in the absence of a bachelor’s degree, fifteen plus years related experience
Job Number: Sr-ecom-ED