Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
User Interface/User Experience DesignerÂ
Do you thrive in a start-up environment? Are you a creative, motivated, dependable interface designer? Well, we’re looking for you! The successful UI/UX Designer is responsible for creating and designing unique, visually aesthetic, and functional digital products and experiences.
- Participate in concept development, design ideation, and detailed specification of visual designs for user interfaces of the future and existing innovations, prototypes, demos and product.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios and design prototypes. Create visual designs and user interface designs that address business, brand, market and user requirements, including design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and interface elements.
- Collaborate with product management, content editors, marketing and data team and others to refine the user experience throughout the product portfolio.
- Work with digital technology team and creative team to deliver the final product.
- Create designs and images for PowerPoint presentations, marketing and sales collateral, print and other miscellaneous projects.
Job Skills & Attributes
Creative skills: looking for strong design skills including screen layouts, information design, and typography, and must have understanding of user-centered design principles and a great eye for detail. Able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and can convey ideas into tangible form.
Good listener: ability to listen keenly and adapt ideas, coming up with multiple concepts and clearly articulating the tradeoffs of each concept and getting buy-in from all stakeholders.
Excellent delivery and execution skills: must deliver prototypes, final mock-ups in a timely manner and resolve dependencies and conflict.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts. 3+ years experience as a key member of a user interface team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications
Job Number:Â UID-ED